Last updated on 06.12.19
A quick summary: this document explains:
- About Us. We are Yogscast (incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 07620479) of Victoria House, 26 Queen Victoria Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 1TG, United Kingdom as well as the Yogscast group of companies (“Yogscast”).
- What about children? We recognise we have a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children. Legally you must be at least 13 years old to use the Yogscast Services (but this might be older depending on whether or not a particular Yogscast Service has a required minimum age rating) as per our Terms of Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any child under the age of 13 without consent from their parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and are concerned about the transfer of personal information about your child, please contact email@example.com.
- What information might we collect from you? When you sign up for, download, watch use or play the Yogscast Services then we will collect certain information from you. The information that we collect varies depending on the particular Yogscast Services used, but this may include:
- Technical Details. When you use, play, watch or access the Yogscast Services we or third parties on our behalf may collect technical details about the device you are using, including: internet and/or network connection (including IP address); MAC address, any console device identifier; your operating system, browser type or other software; and your hardware or other technical details.
- Your Activities. When you use, play, watch or access the Yogscast Services we or third parties on our behalf may collect details of how you use our services, including: metrics information about when and how you use the services; traffic data; language preferences; in-game purchases; achievements; scores; use statistics; time spent playing; and your geographical location data.
- Your Communications. If you contact us (e.g. via email or call for customer support) or post in chat sessions, forums, on our social media pages, or other areas of the Yogscast Services, we may collect and maintain a record of your account/contact details and the content of your communications.
- User Accounts and Newsletters. To access certain Yogscast Services (e.g. games or forums or the Yogscast Store) you may need to create a user account. Or if you sign up to a newsletter, you will be asked to provide us with certain information. This will be displayed to you at the time you start to use the applicable Yogscast Services (e.g. when you sign up for a newsletter) and may include your name, username, age, birthdate, a photo or avatar, email address, country of residence and contact information.
- The Yogscast Store. If you buy something from the Yogscast Store, you may need to provide information like your name, email address and address in order for us to fulfill your order.
- Third Party Accounts. In certain circumstances (e.g. joining our forums) you may be able to log into certain Yogscast Services via third party accounts (e.g. Facebook or Twitter). If you choose to do so, you are asked to share certain information with us (the exact information will depend on the particular third party account displayed to you on the permissions page when you attempt to log in, but may include your name, location, gender, birth date, email address, photo, profile URL and friends list).
Some of the information types referred to above may be collected on an aggregated or anonymised (e.g. hashed) basis, or we may use it or share it in an aggregated or anonymised way, for research or analysis into the way our services operate and are used.
We will store your information in Europe where possible. We will do our best to keep this information secure. No information security system is perfect so please remember to be careful.
All information we hold is stored on our secure servers which we own or license from appropriate third parties. We use industry standard procedures and security standards to prevent unauthorised access to our servers, however no online service or website can be completely secure, so please protect the account information in your possession as well.
We will use your information to run, maintain and improve the Yogscast Services as well as to communicate with you (e.g. with newsletters or emails). Sometimes we may share information with partners in order to run our services.
- How might your information be used? We may use the information above in order to (for example):
- Perform our agreement with you: provide the Yogscast Services to you, including: to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us; allow you to participate in interactive features of the Yogscast Services when you choose to do so; and provide you with chat functionality and other communication systems.
- For our legitimate commercial interests: monitor the performance of the Yogscast Services; ensure that the Yogscast Services are presented in the most effective manner for you and your device(s); enforce our Terms of Service, Terms of Sale and other policies; notify you about changes to the Yogscast Services; provide, maintain, protect and improve the Yogscast Services; and to protect Yogscast and Yogscast Services users.
- Comply with our legal obligations: where we are required to do so by law; and comply with intellectual property protection obligations we have under applicable laws including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the E-Commerce Directive.
- Based on consent: provide you with marketing information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have asked us to do so.
- We will never share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without first obtaining your consent.
- We may engage third party service providers in the course of providing the Yogscast Services to you (e.g. data storage, server hosting, running The Yogscast Store and fulfilling orders, customer and technical support, product analytics, advertising, organising events etc) which may require them to access your information on our behalf. We will ensure there are appropriate contractual arrangements in place with any such third party service providers to protect your information. Those third parties may also collect some information directly from you (e.g. IP address, unique identifiers etc) subject to their own privacy policies.
- We may share your information within the Yogscast company group for the purpose of providing the Yogscast Services.
You have the option to share your own personal information with other parties, in which case it will be governed by those parties’ own privacy policies – make sure to take a look at them.
We retain your information for as long as needed to provide the Yogscast Services to you or longer where permitted by law.
How long do we retain your data for? As long as necessary for the purpose for which the data was originally collected. As detailed below, depending on where you live you may have certain legal rights to object to our collection and use of your data, but this may mean some or all Yogscast Services become unavailable to you. We also reserve the right to retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, maintain appropriate business records and enforce our agreements.
You have rights about how your personal information is used, which can vary depending on where you live. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are your rights? Depending on where you live, you may have additional privacy rights. For example, in the EU (particularly under the new GDPR) you have the right to access and obtain a copy of your personal data we possess; you have the legal right to ask us to rectify/correct your personal data; and you may have the legal right to contact us to request that we delete your personal data from our system. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request, but we may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, are disproportionate, infringe the privacy of others or as otherwise permitted by law. Please note though that by withdrawing your consent or otherwise objecting to certain processing of your information, certain Yogs Services may no longer function properly or be completely unavailable to you.
- Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us have the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to: Yogscast Limited at Victoria House, 26 Queen Victoria Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 1TG, United Kingdom. This same California law permits us to provide you, in response to your written request, with a cost-free means to choose not to have your information shared rather than providing the above described information. You may exercise that choice by contacting us at the address above.
- Who should you contact if you would like to exercise these rights? If you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any queries regarding them, please contact: email@example.com.
- Are there any other documents you should read? We'd also like to remind you that our Terms of Service has more information about how we operate the Yogscast Services [LINK], and also the Yogscast Store Terms of Sale, which govern the products you buy on our store [LINK].